Where will you live after separation? What income will you have?

Do you need a separation agreement?

Read more about separation


  • Free guides and video tutorials
  • Free legal information
  • Find a solicitor near you
  • Find a direct access barrister


Whether you choose to apply online for a divorce on .gov website or use a high street solicitor, you will have to pay a court fee.

Read more about divorce

remedy orders

If you can’t agree how your assets should be divided, you need to consult a mediator.

If that doesn’t solve the issues, you can apply for a court order.


Mediation services are available in Stockport and South Manchester with Nicola Williams, a family law solicitor with over 25 years experience.

Read more about mediation

Help with a
consent order

If you already have an agreement with your spouse, you may need a consent order.

Go to for more more details of this regulated legal service and to arrange a consultation.

Family law articles

Take a look at our most recent articles are below.

If you have a particular topic in mind, try searching